The Internet Society Sierra Leone Chapter engages in a wide spectrum of Internet issues, including governance, development. We establish and promote principles that are intended to persuade governments to make decisions that are right for their citizens and each nation’s future. Everything we do is based on ensuring that a healthy, sustainable Internet is available to everyone – today and for the next billion users.
- Championing public policies that enable open access
- Facilitating the open development of standards, protocols, administration, and the technical infrastructure of the Internet
- Organizing that bring people together to share insights and opinions.
Education & Leadership
- Providing reliable information and educational opportunities that include training workshops in developing countries
- Facilitating leadership programmes that include the cultivation of Next Generation Leaders and Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Ambassadors
- Supporting local Chapters that serve the needs of the growing global Internet community